- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
TODO: Copy this file once for each interview. Fill in the details.
Link to this file from the "Notes from Interviews and Brainstorming"
section of user-needs.html.
Planning questions for interviews
with stakeholders is key to effective requirements gathering. Good
requirements are needed to build the right system. These notes
should be kept as part of the documentation on user needs
are referred to when the software requirements specification
Interview Questions and Answers
TODO: Before the interview, plan the questions you will ask.
Afterwords, type up the answers you received and any additional
questions and answers, and any new follow-up questions.
- How did you learn about the need for this product?
- What types of users are likely to use this product?
- Can you give an example of how a user might actually use the
- Is there any risk or downside to using the product?
New Questions and Action Items
TODO: Often early interviews will raise more questions than they
answer. Note these new questions and what you must do to find the
- Can we do X?
- Do we support Y?
- Action item: research topic Z
- Action item: Send follow-up email as per post-interview checklist
- Action item: prepare for next interview with PERSON(S) on DATE
Other Interview Notes
TODO: Note anything else that came out of the interview, either
explicitly or implicitly. Remember to confirm things that you
picked up implicitly if there is any doubt. E.g., make a note if
the interviewee uses an unusual meaning for a certain term. Add
links to any documents provided to you by the interviewee.