- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
ReadySET Licensing Information
Do not modify or delete this file. This file describes the license
under which you may use the ReadySET templates.
Copyright and License
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Jason Robbins. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
1. Redistributions of these files must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. The
individual template files must retain the copyright footnote whenever
they are used as templates.
2. The name "ReadySET" must not be used to endorse or promote
products derived from this software without prior written
permission. For written permission, please contact
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING
IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Can I use these templates at my company?
- Yes, absolutely. Once you fill in the template with detailed
information about a specific project, you are free to do what you
want with them in the context of that project. You may even hide
the template copyright statement: the best way to do that is to edit
the file inst.css.
- Can I modify these templates for use on several projects at my
- Yes, absolutely. You may modify and distribute these templates
to others, so long as you retain this file and the footnote with the
copyright statement clearly visible in each file.
- Can I include these templates as part of a commercial
- If you use the templates and fill in details about a given
product, go ahead. If you are thinking of making a product that
includes the templates for use as templates, you must retain
this file and the copyright statement in a visible footnote. An
enhanced commercial version of these templates, ReadySET Pro, is already in
- Can I combine these templates with other templates or
- Sure, go ahead. This license is not "viral", it does not mean
that anything you do must be open source or covered under the same
- If I enhance the templates, must I give those enhancements back
to the open source project?
- No, but it would be very welcome. Even if you don't modify the
templates, you can share your "words of wisdom". For more
information on contributing, see the ReadySET home page.
- ReadySET seems too good to be true. What is the catch? Why
would anyone buy a commercial version?
- There is no catch. However, the scope of ReadySET is limited to
only most common needs of development projects. It is easy to get
started with ReadySET, but ReadySET Pro holds much more
value for corporate users.